Dr. Heck and the doctors at the LipoClinic have many years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of lipedema. Their motivation for focusing on the treatment of lipedema was and still is the lack of acceptance for the physical and mental suffering of the affected persons, due to the lack of perception of lipedema as a disease. A disease in which sport and diets often remain ineffective.
It was therefore a matter close to Dr. Heck's heart to make an advance into the north in 2019, in order to accompany as many affected women as possible on their way into a new life. His sister Dr. Marion Heck agreed to move her residence to Hamburg in order to be permanently available as a local contact person.
Together with external institutions, the work of the LipoClinic is scientifically accompanied and documented. Studies confirm that the surgical method consistently produces very good results with a low rate of complications. The results of the evaluations serve to further optimize the treatment and surgical standards of lipedema treatment developed at the LipoClinic.
At the beginning of the 2000s, Dr. Falk-Christian Heck first came into contact with a previously unknown disease – lipedema. The clinical picture of the affected women was met with neither acceptance nor understanding by the doctors. Even today, in many cases lipedema is still misdiagnosed as overweight or obesity (adiposity). The disease often remains undetected for a long time. Those affected suffer from shame, self-reproach and frustration.
As an experienced surgeon, Dr. Heck developed a completely new and sustainably effective surgical method, the lipedema surgery (lipo-decompression), which
- stops the lipedema
- is a pain-free surgery
- eliminates the need for compression garments
- improves the quality of life
These are still our goals today at the LipoClinic Dr. Heck GmbH!
We are here for you! You can gladly call us at +49 208 44475981 or contact us by filling out our contact form.
If you decide to proceed with the treatment at the LipoClinic, we kindly ask you to consider the following:
- You need a flat-knitted custom-made compression garment in compression class 2. This can be prescribed by your phlebologist or family doctor.
- For treatment, a diagnosis for lipedema must be provided in a written form by an external specialist for lipedema (e.g. a phlebologist or lymphologist).
- For reasons of anaesthesia eligibility, your body weight should be below 130kg. If your weight is higher, we will be happy to advise you on alternative approaches.